It has been our tradition that I make her fancy dresses, so I was disappointed. On the other hand, she can be a tough customer, so I was also a little bit relieved. The "pros" definitely out-numbered the "cons" (which was limited to only one -- our mutual disappointment that the tradition would end).
1. No treasure hunt for fabric. We have only chain fabric stores locally, so are limited to polyester chiffon and satin (last year's prom dress), or searching over the internet.
2. No special fitting, FBA, etc.
3. No messing with the organza, chiffon, satin. It's so slippery and fussy, especially when you're dealing with yards and yards of it.
4. No hand-beading. Refer to item #1, above.
5. No modifications to include a corsellette or built-in bra, a must-have for her.
|Prom 2012 - the dress could stand on its own with the built-in foundation.|
|What is my attraction to OOP patterns?|