The muslin came out pretty close - I cut a 12 with a 14 bust, but with all the nips and tucks, we decided to cut a straight 10 instead. The cup-size options eliminated the need for an FBA, and we were pleased with how well the muslin fit!
I dragged myself into Hancock Fabrics in search of a black satin that wasn't too cheap. Most of the stuff I've sewn with unravels so fast I'm afraid I won't have a garment when I've finished. Ended up with a "stretch" satin, which had a nice weight. I think it will be fine, although I did zig zag every single bit of the edge to keep it from falling apart.
Unfortunately, no black stay tape at Hancock, so I settled for a black fusible interfacing that I applied to the seam allowances.
It's hard to see from the picture, but the lace is really quite pretty. Delicate and not too busy.